Criminal Defense & DUI

Criminal Defense & DU…

Criminal Defense

Being accused of a crime can be confusing and intimidating. The attorneys at Palecek, McIlvaine, Hoffmann & Morse are trusted for their service throughout northeast Ohio. We can provide a comprehensive investigation into the background and details of the charges and develop the best strategy to challenge the case and defend your rights.

While some traffic offenses seem as simple as paying a fine, most are more complex and have the potential for consequences beyond mere fines. We can help you understand the charges against you and explain the potential fines, suspensions, and other outcomes.

DUI offenses hold serious consequences even if it is your first offense. Penalties can include fines, jail time, mandatory alcohol or drug treatment programs, and suspension of your driver's license. Every case is unique and it is in your best interest to speak with an attorney to discuss your case and develop a strategy for your defense.

Felony and Misdemeanor

Our Medina County criminal defense attorneys are experienced in defending a wide range of criminal cases from low level misdemeanors to serious felony allegations. We will make every effort to achieve the most desirable outcome to your alleged offense. Please set up an appointment to discuss your options if you need legal counsel with:

- theft crimes

- assault or domestic violence

- drug related crimes
- sex offenses

Record Sealing/Expungement

If you have ever been charged with or convicted of a crime, it is very likely that your case is a public record. Even if the case was dismissed, most criminal case information can be found on municipal or county Clerk of Courts websites and is easily searchable by anyone with internet access. Criminal charges and convictions also appear on background checks that are commonly done by potential employers. In many cases, it is possible to have a record sealed or expunged. If a misunderstanding or a youthful mistake is holding you back from an opportunity, visit an attorney at our offices to discuss removing that public record and putting the matter behind you for good.